10 Famous People that Appear to Need a Babysitter
November 5th, 2011 by admin
One of America’s favorite pastimes is “Celebrity Bashing”, and within that select group some favorite targets are celebrities who have children. The way they care (or allegedly don’t care) for their children is common fodder for rumor mills and tabloids. Some celebrity behavior seems to invite the scrutiny and derision, but by-and-large, famous people seem to cherish their off-spring just like everyone else.
Lifestyles and business careers that demand long hours and frequent travel give rise to a great need for competent temporary child-care. Some celebs pack a nanny along with the children, and the whole family goes to work, while others use home-help while they are away. The following is a look at some well-known personalities, and how they deal with their child-care situations.
- Brangelina – Whenever Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie appear in public with all their children, the kids themselves often look like they’d rather be somewhere else, perhaps with a sitter. Actually, the children are often cared for by nannies, when both parents are working. Legendary are the stories about the strict requirements the couple had for prospective nannies, including a college degree in child development.
- Kevin Costner – He has 7 children, ranging from toddler to adult, and he really looks like he could use a night to himself once in a while. A good sitter might benefit him greatly.
- Britney Spears – Her personal tribulations have long been documented, but Britney Spears appears to have overcome much of her difficulty. She has regained visitation rights to be with children she had with Kevin Federline. Their public scenes always seem so frenzied that it looks as if the kids might be better off at home with a babysitter.
- President and Mrs. Obama – Mrs. Marian Robinson, Michelle Obama’s mother, moved into the White House and is often seen taking care of the the Obama girls, Malia and Sasha. With as much pressure as they are all under, it seems like all the adults could use a break, and maybe leave the kids with a sitter from the Secret Service for an evening.
- Chris O’Donnell and Carolina Fentress – With five children and two busy acting careers, this couple always looks like they could do with a bit of help.
- Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso – As often as this couple is on the road, whether for filming, or a World Series of Poker event or at a Boston Red Sox game, they appear to be in need of at-least occasional child-care help.
- Heidi Klum and Seal – The German-born super-model and the British musician have four children. Both parents are on the go for much of the year, and certainly need help with the children. They utilize nannies to a great extent.
- Mark Wahlberg and Rhea Durham – The entire family, including four children and a nanny, is often spotted strolling together. Nannies have become extremely popular with celebrities as trusted child-care professionals.
- Sarah and Todd Palin – The Palin family includes a child with special needs, son Trig who has Down Syndrome. The children usually stay with Todd, when Sarah is traveling, but they also hire professional help for their child-care needs.
- Special Needs – Many celebrities, as with the general population, have children with special needs. Toni Braxton, Steven Stills, John Travolta and Kelly Preston are just a few of the celebrities who have autistic children, and they require specially trained child-care help.
The celebrity world has revitalized the child-care industry. Nannies have become the go-to people for children of the famous. As such, the industry, which includes nannies, babysitters and aux pairs, has benefited through a much higher standard of professionalism.
Comments are closed.